Tuesday, May 02, 2006

bittersweet

Well, the days of Jason getting Sam & I into trouble have come to an end. No more finding fuchia hair dye all over my bathroom. No more outlandish, androgynous outfits. And certainly no more pasta bolognese leftovers in the refrigerator. Jason is moving away to Seattle, Washington. Forever. Well, he never said forever, but I have a feeling. Call it intuition, or the fact that I danced naked under a full moon on my rooftop. Either way, that's where it's at. I'm sad he's going, he's the first friend I made in NYC, when I moved here in July of 1989. Since then, Jason, Sam & I have all been in/out of several relationships, death, hiv, insane parents, high-demand holidays, evil people, dogsitting, bad boyfriends, Madonna and my fat ass. Sam & I are so sad to see him go. But it's for the best, moving usually is. He's found a home in Seattle and he'll make it work. I can hear the hope in his voice again. Jason's got a purpose and finally that purpose is himself. And that my friends, is the good news. The bad news is I can only give selfish reasons that I don't want him to go. As Freddie Mercury sang "Spread your wings and fly away, high away - far away, pull yourself together 'cause you know you can do better....that's because your a free man"
I'm having a difficult goodbye - it's very painful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home