Monday, May 08, 2006

Kinky Boots

Michael, Sam & I went to go see "Kinky Boots" last Friday night. I enjoyed it. I thought it would be more comedic like "Priscilla" or "Too Wong Foo..." But it wasn't. It was a do good, feel good movie where a misunderstood drag queen melts the hearts of shoemakers. We find a conservative shoe company going under and it's new inherited owner wants to close the shop. His heart melts for the people he has to lay-off so he figures out a way to save the company. Sell women's high heeled boots/shoes to drag queens and transvestites. What's the difference? Well, the movie explains it like this: "transvestites look like a man in a frock, drag queens look FABULOUS." The film is good, and I would definitely buy it for my own personal movie collection. But you don't need to run out to you local art house and see it on the big screen. The drag queen with the hear of gold, Lola, is a wonderful, rounded character expertly played. I could never walk in those heels. And remember "RED! It's the color of SEX!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home