Friday, March 23, 2007

The AUDACITY of HOPE


Gather round my little childrens. Momma has a story to tell you. I've just finished reading this book by Barack Obama and I have to tell you. It was .... OK. Not great, but certainly not bad. I found his book bothersome on several levels. First there are absolutely no answers in this book. Not even speculatory answers with that in mind Mr. Obama points out many, flaws in our government. But I got the feeling that his attitude wasn't "let's fix it" but more "that's the way it is." I'm sorry I don't buy into that. I want my government fixed...and RIGHT NOW. So now that I'm aware of even more crap that the Senate does, I still want to know "why?" Why is it that way? Mr. Obama's walk through his childhood and young adult years, although somewhat interesting did nothing to tell me about where he truly stands on specific topics. Nothing. The book walked such a fine line that I found I needed to put it down several times out of frustration of how PC it was. I mean really, even if Mr. Obama is able to see all sides of specific arguments, he must stand somewhere. He is very non-committal to any and every issue that he touches upon in the book. I wanted someone to believe in. I'm not sure that person is Barack. In the next election I will vote for the candidate that insists on equality for gays. No other. I'm tired of voting for the lesser of two evils. I want to vote for the best man for this job - and I can't find one.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

I walked away with that same feeling, Ryan. But then, he is a politician in an upcoming election, this is just posturing for maximum votage.

4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home