Friday, March 07, 2008

Ms. Madison

Everyone, I've got sad news. My good friend Sam's dog Madison has died. Sam & I lived together here in NYC for the past 6 years and Ms. Madison lived with us. Sam has had her for 13 years. She died last Saturday after loosing her ability to walk and hold her faculties. She went down hill quickly and she'll be missed.
I found out she was not doing well late Saturday morning when Sam called me saying he was on the way to the Veternarian in PetTaxi. She was dehydrated and went immediately into a coma when she was put on an IV. Sam was brought in and the Dr. told him that she won't live, and does he want to end her suffering. According to Sam, there was no choice - she was miserable. He was given some alone time with Madison before she was 'put to sleep'. Sam loved her dearly and I believe she loved him as well. She was a good dog, a little difficult to live with, but a very good dog none-the-less.
She knew many people in her full, long life and she always was loved. Good bye Madison, go play in heaven.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bye Madison, I will miss you. I enjoyed you when you stayed over and I controlled you, as any good kitty would.

10:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ryan
Thank you for your kind words. You know Madison loved you deeply and appreciated everything you did for her.

Sam

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home