Thursday, March 05, 2009

TWILIGHT a/k/a are you fucking soft?

I'll make this quick. Have you read any/all of the Twilight books? Hmmm? You may as well admit it now, as I'll call you out on it later. Have you seen the Twilight movie? If you answered "yes" to any of these questions I must ask you:
Are you 'soft as a sneaker' or do you really simply hate the gays?
That is the questions isn't it? After all, Stephanie Meyer is a Mormon. And she has donated 10% of her huge revenue to both the Mormon Church as well as to help Proposition H8 succeed. I cannot sit idly by and watch all you "so called" good people carry on about these books & this tween movie without calling you out on the carpet. Why do you think I don't deserve the same rights in marriage that you enjoy? Is this silly vampire(ishness) so fucking important that real life is too inconvenient for you to acknowledge the wrong that Ms. Meyer's has contributed to? Are you aware that your measly $15 book or $11 movie ticket goes to the Mormon Church? Do you walk around thinking my $11 won't make any difference?
NEWS(FUCKING)FLASH - it did! Now proposition H8 has passed in California.
So then next time you get all giddy and chat up Twilight, remember you're not only offending, but hurting me and my gay brothers & sisters.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Todd HellsKitchen said...

Now, I'm HAPPY I haven't seen the movie...

5:16 PM  
Blogger CocteauBoy said...

Good GOD, I didn't know all of this, so THANK YOU, Ryan. I did see the movie and only because it was a pirated bootleg, so I don't think it counts. But it was only in passing that I watched it... and I liked it. Oh god, the teenage girl in me was swooning and now I can't wait for New Moon where Taylor Lautner gets all naked and wolfy on the vampires' asses! I do not enjoy vampire movies, and the story is incredibly unoriginal, but it was an embarrassing delight to my tween.

But I won't pay any money. I promise. I went off on the whole Passion of Christ movie when it came out and gays were paying big bucks to go see it and by extension support Mel Gibson's homophobic stances. Everyone just thought I was a party pooper. I just don't get why people are so dim about their part in the process of supporting hate and hurt.

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home