Wednesday, October 11, 2006

National Coming Out Day - TODAY


Hey everyone gather 'round, I've an announcement to make!
I'm GAY.
And you know what? It's OK.
Now don't go judging me thinking "oh, well does that mean you'll always have to dress nice, have a high working knowledge of pop culture, instinctually know colors & combinations, have an affinity to do hair, excel at Halloween costumes, have all the straight girls wish I were their boyfriend and be the best looking guy at high school reunions?" Yes, it does mean that. But it also means I have to live my life out, loud & proud. Proud of who I am, proud of where I come from, proud of who I love and proud of my mistakes. I own my person and move him through life. Sometimes I say/do dumb things. But I am who I am - I won't pretend to be anything else. Mr. Adam deserves nothing less than all of me. My family & friends deserves nothing less than all of me.
But most of all, I deserve NOTHING less than all of me.

5 Comments:

Blogger Tyler Dawbin said...

And you're busted!

1:00 PM  
Blogger Tyler Dawbin said...

Hey, I took your little test...

You are sociable, outgoing, energetic, and lively. You prefer to be around people much of the time. You are generally calm and composed, reacting moderately well to situations that most people would describe as stressful. As a practical person you like to think in plain and simple terms. Others describe you as down-to-earth, practical, and conservative. You have a strong interest in others' needs and well-being. You are pleasant, sympathetic, and cooperative. You set clear goals and pursue them with determination. People regard you as reliable and hard-working.

Yep, that's me.

1:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And you desrve nothing less from Mr Adam.

2:23 PM  
Blogger TheDreamer said...

Me too. Just not at the moment. But most of the time, definitely. After all, who can live happily being less than all of themselves?

3:55 PM  
Blogger CawfeeGuy said...

sing it sister.
gosh i hope your wrong about the "you'll always have to dress nice, have a high working knowledge of pop culture, instinctually know colors & combinations, have an affinity to do hair, excel at Halloween costumes, have all the straight girls wish I were their boyfriend and be the best looking guy at high school reunions" thing, SOME of US are a big Ol Screaming MESS.

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home