Wednesday, October 04, 2006

RUNNING with SCISSORS


Well, my wonderful, little puddles of love; I've finally found someone with a childhood that makes mine look practically "normal." This book (memoir) was not only entertaining, but it's almost unbelievable. The teen years of Augusten Burroughs were so insane. And by insane, I mean that his mother had given him up to her therapist. She also would have annual nervous break-downs. Mr. Burroughs discusses through the eyes of a gay, teen boy, his view of the world and the relationships he has. Mind you, his world consisted of his mother's therapist's family & home. No rules, no school and at the age a 14 - his first boyfriend, who happened to be 33. It's a wonder Mr. Burroughs didn't find himself insane. I really, really enjoyed the book. I wonder though, how on earth, are they going to tie all of this book up in the soon to be released movie? I know some of you probably read this already, but this was my first book by Augusten Burroughs, and I do plan to read some of his others. Just not now. I kept comparing his childhood to mine. And I won't have someone else stealing my thunder. I won't!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger CawfeeGuy said...

if you think Running With Scissors is good, wait till you read his OTHER memoirs! mind blowingly amazing!

3:30 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

I agree.. it's great stuff... can't wait to ssee the film... BUT... why o' why did they decide upon that horrible poster art???? Who was the executive that gave that the greenlight??? He deserves some time in the naughty-chair.

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home