Wednesday, January 03, 2007

The Little Dog Laughed

OK, my wonderful puddles of love. Here's a gem for all of yous! I took Mr. Adam to see this play on New Year's Eve matinee for our Anniversary (which is really on Christmas Day). What a hysterical comedy. Now this non-musical has a four person cast (2 men / 2 women) and takes place in present time. The story is about a Hollywood star (Tom Everett Scott) and his agent (Julie White) trying to become bigger, richer and more famous. While these Hollywood(ers) are in NYC trying to buy the rights to a very successful Broadway play, the Hollywood star hires himself a male prostitute (Johnny Galecki) who happens to have a girlfriend (Ari Graynor). Aside from the obvious gay characters not admitting they're gay and the prostitute's sham of a relationship with the girl. The story is hysterically funny with the agent at the helm of this play. Julie White is brilliant. She gives a powerhouse performance with no boundaries. I can NOT express how great this woman is in this show. I'm glad I got my hands on tickets because rumour has it this show won't play until the Tony Awards (and I fully expect this to win some). The whole cast was excellent, the show was excellent and the murmer in the audience upon leaving was "is this show about Tom Cruise?" - God I hope not - we gays don't want him. You keep him!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

LOL, you keep him is right!
I'll try to check it out when Im in NYC.

4:20 PM  
Blogger Todd HellsKitchen said...

Thanks for the review!

Happy New Year!

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home