Monday, December 04, 2006

High Fidelity

My friend Michael took me to see this production last Friday night. It was ok. Not awesome, not bad, just ok. I would liken it to bathwater. It didn't do much. Having never read the book, and being a fan of the movie I was hesitant to see this. Well, I'm glad I did, but I would never recommend this to an 'out of towner' who wanted to see a Broadway show. Although the cast was VERY talented, the show itself kind of just laid there. Once again, thank God for the talented cast. Some of the songs were very clever, and the way the composer wrote the songs to give a nod to certain musical genres was extremely amusing. But I must say "I didn't care." And not just because it's theme is about a straight relationship. I just didn't care. I've had my share of stories of men who "are afraid to commit, lose the girl, and grow up in an effort to get the girl back." It's everywhere and it's tired. So was I after this show. Don't go see this. Rent the movie.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

That does sounds a little overdone. I'll resist the urge to buy a last minute ticket to NYC to see this one.

7:13 PM  
Blogger Kalv1n said...

The funny thing is that I don't much care for modern musicals while everyone else seems to be going crazy for them. Is there anything that can't be put in a musical format. Actually, maybe they could do a musical version of "The Hours". I'd like to see that.

6:49 PM  
Blogger Todd HellsKitchen said...

Ohhhh, The New York Times critic was not very happy with this one!

Cheers,
Mr. H.K.
Postcards from Hell's
Kitchen

5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home