Monday, January 08, 2007

YOU on a Diet (day 1)

Today is the day my friends. I've started it. I'm on a new diet. For those of you that know me well; you know that in a few days or weeks I will be slenderizing myself as I do on an annual basis. The diet I'm doing this time is the new one that Dr. Oz of Oprah fame has been discussing. I like to call it the YOU diet. So goodbye South Beach Diet & Atkins' Diet. There's a new diet in town, and he's letting me eat oatmeal and pasta. But somehow I'm promised to lose 2 inches off my waist in 2 weeks. We will see. If you know me at all, you know that I work out fanatically 5-6 days a week. And I really don't need to lose but 10-15 lbs. And half of that is because I let myself go nuts these past holidays. I must be honest though, I'm so looking forward to controlling what I eat. No more full, sick stomach aches. Clean up whatever is going on internally. Apparently this diet changes you not only with fixing your waist (btw, this diet doesn't measure in lbs.), but it cleans you up inside. Cholesterol, Blood Pressure, etc. Which really aren't my problems but hey, I still want it cleaned up. I'm nuts like that. So today I started and my roommate Sam has too. If you see him give him a pat on the back. The first week of ANY diet is hard. But we have each other to lean on. Luckily, I'll be smaller soon, so my leaning won't hurt.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Gay Canuck in the Capital said...

Good luck!! I have always thought of it as a bank account- cash in and cash out. So you can decease cash in (eat less, etc), or cash out (work out more). Oh and follow the 80% rule. Be good most of the time, but let yourself enjoy life 20% of the time. At any rate, good for you and I hope it goes well.

9:55 AM  
Blogger d-town said...

i was mortified when i went to the doctor and found out my BMI was much higher than I thought, so I need to lose about 10-15 lbs, myself, and put on some more muscle (probably in the reverse order since the muscle will eat the fat).

it's a pain b/c i love running and am having to really take it down to a fat-burning level rather than a heart-stregthening level that i'm doing now. and i like weight training about 180 degrees from what i like running, but i guess it's time to turn up the heat!

and i can always eat better, too.

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home