Monday, April 16, 2007

Haunted

Well, my dear friends, I've completed the craziest book. Haunted by Chuck Palahniuk. This book is about a group of people who are put together for a writers retreat for three months. As it turns out they're locked in an old theater and the only person with the key dies. Then, the mayhem ensues.
Mr. Palahniuk not only wrote the said story, but for each author in this 'retreat' he also wrote a poem and a short story written by each fictional author in this story. The book, characters and the short stories were all disturbing on some level. At some points, I had to close the book because I was either so grossed out or disturbed.
Overall, I enjoyed this book, I wouldn't recommend it as a first book to read from this author, but I'm definitely a fan. And if you ever get to see a picture of Mr. Palahniuk, he's cute. How can such a smart, attractive man be so warped? Oh wait, there's me!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

Ah, sounds like one for me!

General rule: smart, attractive, normal - pick 2.

12:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home