Monday, June 09, 2008

The KITE RUNNER

Wow, I really liked this book. It was great. The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini taught me more about Afghanistan; than I've learned since 9/11. "why's that ryan charisma?" Well for one, I understand the Taliban and their operation better. I understand Muslims better and I was told a great story while learning.
I'm going to be honest and say I avoided this book for a long time. I seriously did. Why? Well, because somehow I formed an opinion that this was a chic book. I don't know why either. But I was certainly wrong. And childruns - I'm not wrong that often. Anyway, this story is about a boy named Amir. His life growing up in Afghanistan, his servant/friend Hassan and their friendship. Why they couldn't call their relationship a friendship, and the bitter truths around their relationship.
This book has everything, love, loss, betrayal and redemption. I found myself actually upset at certain parts of the book. Yes, it's a good book - I can't deny that. I'm glad I read it. And most of all, I'm glad my boss gave it to me to read. Otherwise, I would never have picked this up on my own. Man, I would have missed out.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home