Wednesday, October 01, 2008

[title of show]

Last night, Michael took Sam, Mr. Adam & I to see [title of show]. From the very first song, I loved this show. It's a show about writing a show about writing a show. Follow? Of course, I'm SO grateful I was lucky enough to see the original cast as I'm sure once the rights are open to the public there will be plenty of knock off productions.
The show stars the two writers (Jeff Bowen & Hunter Bell) of the musical and two of their friends (Heidi Blickenstaff & Susan Blackwell); oh and a piano player. Yes, low budget musical! Call Samuel French now! [title of show] follows the new 90 minute/ no intermission format that Broadway seems to have embraced in the past few years. The set is basically 4 chairs in a faux NYC apt. with the piano player upstage left in the apartment. Costumes were simple everyday clothes. I LOVED IT. How much do you love it ryan charisma? Well, so much that I have it on my iPod already. You heard me, within 12 hours, I've loaded it in. Have you?
ryan charisma, should I see it? YES! YES! YES! Especially if you like shows that have Broadway jokes and references, but sadly, you must see it before October 12, 2008. That's when the show is scheduled to close due to this economy. Sad really. Real art just doesn't sell tickets. I'm so glad I saw it. You will be too!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Todd HellsKitchen said...

No doubt that talented crew will return with something wonderful soon.

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home