Thursday, November 13, 2008

Politicalishness (protest proposition H8)

Momma's mad and this time I did something about it. Last night Mr. Adam & I attended the Proposition 8 protest outside the NYC Church of Latter Day Saints (Mormons) or as I call them "Douche Nozzles". It was great to be a part of something big, something that is now rolling along with it's own steam. Shame on California, shame on the church, shame on the California black community that voted Obama in as well as bigotry. We got your number and it will come up. Just give us time.

I have to admit, the amount of people at at the protest was amazing. I wasn't but some of the other people I met were saying how surprised they were by how many young gays attended. Outrage is outrage young or old. It's like myself, now at my young age I'm considered devastatingly gorgeous, and I'm sure as I move on in years (as I approach 29) I'm sure my beauty won't fade as it will morph into something totally more spectacular. I want to post all my fabulous pictures but that would make my page take forever to load in.
If I can share one more piece of information with everyone. Go to this site. Check out where your protest for the national day of protest for proposition H8 is. It's this Saturday. Be there and support your gays. See you at the protest!
NO MORE MR. NICE GAY!




4 Comments:

Blogger CawfeeGuy said...

wow i'm really sorry i missed it. what time and where, this saturday?

4:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

While 70% of the California African American community voted for the amendment, they are only 7% of the voting population of California. The white population overwhelmingly voted for this. Additionally, gays in San Fran and West Hollywood didn't even come out to vote. If the gay vote doesn't come out why should we expect the allies to come out for us?

11:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not doing your cause any favors.

2:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well...b.s......since African Americans are the only group where 70 percent voted "yes", it really is a good thing they were only 7 percent of the California voting population, and the minority throughout the U.S. If their numbers were higher we'd have no rights at all.

5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home