Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The Toxic Avenger Musical

Last Friday night Michael took me to see The Toxic Avenger Musical. I have to be honest, I've never seen the original cult movie, but I have seen scenes.
Momma loved it. First, the off-Broadway New World Stages serves cocktails (and they let you bring them into the theater). I like that. Second this rock musical was awesome! Is it going to change the world? No, but who doesn't like to see a superhero monster rip off the bad guys arm and beat him with the bloody end while singing? I know I do. This hysterical show runs in the new 90 minute-no intermission format that so many shows are being done in lately. The music is catchy, toe tapping fluff with lyrics that are sometimes obscenely funny. I really, really enjoyed this show.
The cast was 5 people, 2 leads, 1 character actress, and a chorus of 2 men who play multiple roles. So damn funny. Should you see this? Absolutely, if you've seen allot on Broadway, and you want something light and fun, but Xanadu is closed. This is a good choice.
GO SEE THIS SHOW, I kinda want to see it again...

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous B said...

Was it as good as the off-broadway musical Forbidden Planet?

4:16 PM  
Blogger Todd HellsKitchen said...

Sounds like fun. Thx for the review!

12:54 PM  
Blogger Joey said...

My brother saw it in NJ a long time ago. Yeah, sounds cute....uh....momma. But if the theatre goes up in flames, are those mick firemen allowed into the theatre if it's only to hose it down?

2:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home