Friday, May 07, 2010

Pride And Prejudice And Zombies

This was quite an experience. This novel by Seth Grahame-Smith took the 1813 classic novel by Jane Austin and made it into a zombie-type book. Well, what did you think ryan charisma? I have to be honest. All the "Jane Austin-ish" writing & proper drawing room etiquette made this book drag on a bit. The zombie part was woven into the original book quite well, and if anything - I wanted more of the zombie hunting and less of the "turn of the century" husband hunting. At times I wasn't even sure I wanted to finish the book. But I'm glad I did. The book does pick up towards the end, but all in all - it's a drag. It really is. I'd say pick this up for a quick read, but you know what - I think this would make a much better movie. So should you read it? No, don't - wait for the movie, apparently they're making one as we speak. kisses!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home