Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Book of Eli

Last weekend Michael, Mr. Adam & I went to go see Denzel's new flick The Book of Eli. What did you think of it ryan charisma? Well, I'll tell you. I liked it much more than my movie cohorts did. I think the post-apocalyptic storyline is WAY too common these days. But in a weird way I feel they (the post apocalyptic movies) give me preparation on how to survive when the world only has a few hundred people left and they're all eating each other. Survival skills kids, survival skills.
Denzel kicked royal ass in this movie. I really enjoyed the action scenes. The movie's storyline was interesting. Eli (Denzel Washington) has the last copy of The Bible on earth. All the others were destroyed after "the big flash" because The Bible was considered the cause of the Earth's demise. Which is totally understandable (just look at what the dumb Christian fundamentalist fucks are doing now). Eli comes across Gary Oldman's character and he wants The Bible to "control the weak minded and stupid" (ain't that the truth). Then the violence begins. I won't give away the ending, but I will tell you - it's kind of a fizzle ending. Should I see it ryan charisma? Sure, but on DVD.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Todd HellsKitchen said...

Denzel = swoon... But I was concerned about the post-apocalyptic plot myself... Thanks for the review. I'll put it on my list!

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home