Tuesday, March 14, 2006

the curious incident of the dog in the night-time

I'm half way through this book. I must tell you, I'm not sure what I think. Weird right? Me sans opinion...go figure. Anyway, the book is told by a 15 year old boy named Christopher who is retarded. His simplistic view of life is both refreshing and challenging. I must admit, the musings and tangents the narrator takes us on sometimes are irritating. But I imagine, that's the point. I will say that the story unfolding is very interesting and so far has had two unforeseen twists. Yea! I love that! It's a quick read (approximately 200 pages.) In this book, you're reading the book that the narrator is writing. A mystery book based on the murder of the neighbor's dog. The rest are his notes from his detective work to find the murderer. Although my opinion is yet to be made, I can't wait to see what happens next.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home