Monday, July 31, 2006

Superman Returns IMAX 3-D

OK, I saw it. I saw it. All of the e-mails - "Ryan Charisma, what did you think of the new Superman movie?" Finally, I've seen it. Yes, I can now honestly relate to you, my dear, sweet, little do-pee-toos the magic that is Superman. I liked it. I did. You ask me "Ryan Charisma, didn't you say that Brandon Routh was too young and not manly enough?" I did say that, and I can't believe the Enquirer actually quoted me. Regardless, I forgave Brandon being so young and quite honestly I found it didn't really matter. Brand is the first movie Superman who looks like a man. And by that, I mean you can see his "boy bumps", or bulge (to be vulgar). Superman is hot, with great hair. I couldn't really tell what product the stylist was using to create that "Superman curl".
Mr. Adam & I had decided to see this film on the IMAX screen, and certain scenes were in 3-D. I really enjoyed it. The 3-D part was fun, but not necessary to enjoy this film. As far as the story goes, well, you know it. Superman good, Lex Luthor bad. Lex Luthor figures out a bad thing to do; Superman saves the day. Predictable. But some of the supporting cast is great, Kevin Spacey & Parker Posey to be more specific. Although the movie is 3 hours long, I didn't feel bored. I enjoyed it and didn't think I would. Oh, but I must be honest and tell you about Lois Lane played by Kate Bosworth. Boring, fickle and useless. There I said it. Now honestly, I think James Marsden, who plays Lois' husband, is gorgeous. I'm not talking goodlooking, or handsome - he's breathtakingly beautiful. To see this man, is worth the price of the ticket. There, I said that too. But it had to be said. Now if only Superman loved "the husband" instead of Lois Lane. Maybe then we'd have the right to marry?

2 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

Agreeing, Posey was great and the Lois Lane charater was underwhelming!

Marsden is attractive but I'd still choose Routh :)

12:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wanna see MY boy bumps?

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home