Monday, August 07, 2006

Another Gay Movie

Last Friday night Michael, Mr. Adam & I went to go see Another Gay Movie - it was offensively funny. Hysterical. At some points I thought I was going to fall off my seat I was laughing so hard. It's refreshing to see that we (the gay community) is FINALLY being portrayed like normal people. Well, as normal as normal truly is. Which, by the way, if you're an ignorant bigot reading, there is no such thing as normal. Anyway, enough about you straighties, this movie is for us. The few, the proud, the out...the homosexualists. This movie, which is about 4 friends who make a pact to "have anal" by the time their summer break is over and they move off to college. Think of it as American Pie for gays. There are many cameo appearances by some of our more visible celebrities. Not to mention Richard Hatch's 'pee pee' even makes an appearance. I can't wait to own this movie. It's that funny, irreverent and entertaining. The actors in the movie play their roles perfectly. Oh how I wish when I was in high school that being gay was ok. Finally, a comedy that doesn't treat the gays as a social outcast but rather as 'one of the crowd'. A group of gay friends, just start with that sentence... I wasn't fortunate enough to even know other gays existed outside of the "one" kid who was brutally tortured through high school because he was exceptionally fey and peroxided up. I would have loved having gay friends in high school. It would have changed my life. It would have changed many people's lives. Today's young gays are so fortunate to have gay clubs and alliances. Safe places where they can be themselves. Enjoy similar people with similar interests. And yes, laugh at base humor movies and see themselves and their own situations portrayed in a manner that doesn't degrade one's sense of self worth. Yes I liked this movie, but even more so - I liked how it displays opportunities and progress for homosexuals in a healthy "let's laugh at ourselves" manner. Go see this movie you big homo!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

LOL, ok I will go see it since you asked nicely :)

8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home