Monday, April 23, 2007

VACANCY



OK, my sweet, puddles of nectar. I took Mr. Adam to go see VACANCY last Saturday evening. We couldn't really decide upon which movie to see out of three and this one won out. I'm glad it did. The movie was pretty scary. I often find myself thinking "how would I get out of this situation?" Well, I have to be honest, in this situation - I'm not so sure anyone could have gotten out alive. But once again, I was pleasantly surprised at this movie. Usually horror movies these days are just awful. This one wasn't so. I would highly recommend this movie on DVD for sure. As for the movie theater, only if you've seen everything else.
The movie is basically the story of a young couple (in the middle of a divorce) who wind up through a series of events staying in a creepy run down motel. The motel has been used for making 'snuff films' and these people ended up in the middle of it all. Hence, the mayhem ensues. Pretty scary, not really original - but well done. I liked it.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

Right after Disturbia and Grindhouse!

8:25 PM  
Blogger Lainey-Paney said...

oh, that movie sounds so scary!
thanks for the review.

...I'm a random blog reader.
came upon your blog.
:)

3:25 PM  
Blogger The [Cherry] Ride said...

This movie scared the bejeezus out of me. And that rarely happens. I too recommend it.

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home