Wednesday, September 09, 2009

District 9

Two weeks ago I took Mr. Adam to go see District 9. Now I'm a sucker for a good sci-fi movie. But this moved beyond typical sci-fi lame story lines and acute action adventure. Let me 'splain to you...
First I really, really liked this movie. It was one of those films that the more you thought about it the next day - the more you liked it even more. It's a human story dropped in the setting of sci-fi. It comments on how we as humans treat outsiders and (in this case) aliens we don't understand. I found this movie really did hold a mirror up to humanity and showed us our very ugly side. How we choose to think we're superior. How we actually treat those different than us. And how we move from protecting ourselves to picking on the less fortunate. I could go on and on with the parallels of this movie to how we treat immigrants, gays or even animals. Just brutal.
See this movie. I really liked it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home