Tuesday, June 13, 2006

SURPRISE!


My wonderful, superfabulous & loving boyfriend Mr. Adam threw me a fantastic "surprise" birthday party. He went all out and did a superb job. First of all, I'm shocked that I had no idea it was happening. This was one hell of a party (details akin to a wedding) and the fact that none of my friends let on (not that they're gossips or anything...) amazes me still. I believed that Mr. Adam & I were going to one of his tennis club's cocktail parties; as I have been to a few. Mr. Adam picked me up at 8:30pm and we went to etcetera etcetera (a fabulous restaraunt in the Theater District) for this "tennis party". I was so sure that we were attending "said party" that when we walked in to say hello to Brian (our friend and the General Manager of the restaurant) I asked if he planned to join us upstairs later on; secretly hoping he could as I would know only few people from tennis (I don't play). Mr. Adam & I walk upstairs and are greeted with "Surprise!" and what seemed like hundreds of camera flashes! I'm smiling for the picture but baffled as to what is going on. I'm thinking "why are these tennis people taking our picture?" I just didn't get it. Then I saw my mother in front of the crowd, then my father and then the "tennis crowd" focused and I found I knew everyone. And it all sank in slowly. I was AMAZED that I didn't see it coming. I was HONORED that all these people came to celebrate my birthday. But most of all, I was GRATEFUL that all these people filled my life so fully. They came from all aspects of my life. What an excellent job Mr. Adam had done. A sit down birthday dinner. He had invitations, passed hot hors d'oeuvres, menus, flower arrangement, cameras, birthday cake, gift cookies (that resembled my iPod), my favorite DJ (Sam Storicks) playing & an open bar. He brought together friends, old & new, from all aspects of my life. I had such a wonderful time. I can't begin to thank everyone enough. I'm touched that the people who assisted Mr. Adam did so as if they were helping their own family. My parents were duly impressed by everyone being so friendly towards them at the party. The food was great, as I said, Mr. Adam had menus made up and there was a selection of appetizer and entree (beef, fish or veggie) with a dessert sampler as well as my birthday cake. It wasn't a 2 Cosmo night, by the way...for anyone. Thank you everyone! I am BLESSED.
I'm not 24, anymore...

4 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

Now that is a birthday party. Happy belated!

10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday! From all your entertained readers at Polo Ralph Lauren.

1:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so what's your next surprise milestone? a wake?

9:03 PM  
Blogger Dop T said...

Happy belated birthday

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home