Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Auntie Mame (an irreverent escapade)

Well, well, well... I've finished this book and found it to be a great little read. I've seen the film(s), appeared in the musical myself; but who knew this was a book first? I didn't. I know "shame on Ryan Charisma." I must confess that this book was really entertaining. From the peek at life & times in NYC (where I live) from the 1920's through the 1940's - to the wonderful Mame character's quips and quotes - this book was hugely entertaining.
First off, I'm a big fan of the Roslyn Russell movie - she was brilliant in the title role. The movie followed the book pretty closely, of course there's more in the book, but aren't books always at least slightly better?
This book was a simple read, not taxing at all. I'm sad it's over, but hey - Mame can't live forever & ever....can she? I mean, it's not like she's Cher or something! However, I would like to send a message out to the forces of nature, God and whoever else can hear " I want an extremely wealthy aunt who happens to be eccentric and loving!" There I said it. Now how long before I get it?

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger CawfeeGuy said...

girl read the sequel: Around the World with Auntie Mame, it's a scream!

7:25 AM  
Blogger CawfeeGuy said...

btw: speaking of Cher, she's supposed to be remaking Mame with herself in the title roll. can you GET any gayer?

11:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mame can live forever in all our hearts.
Life is a banquet.........

10:38 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

I found the book of Little Me. For some reason I think it's by the same author, but I could be smokin' crack.

You need to check that shit out.

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home