Thursday, May 31, 2007

The Road

Hey my wonderful, sunshiny people! I love you, you love me, and I love you for loving me, and you love me for loving you for loving me. I have to say, this last book was fantastical! What a great, yet very dark story. I didn't want it to end. This was my virgin Oprah's Book Club book.
The Road, by Cormac McCarthy is an easy read that consumed me right from the beginning. I don't want to give away the ending but the story is about a father & son travelling on foot through a post-apocalyptic, charred America. They're heading south trying to beat the winter and find other survivors. Most of the story they're alone but they do encounter other people. People in general have been divided up into good & bad. The bad people catch, rape, kill and eat the good. As you find out there is an extreme shortage of food. This story pulls you in and doesn't let you go.
I admit it, I Ryan Charisma wept at the end of this book. It's such a good read. Run out and do what Auntie Oprah tells you....read this book!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home