Thursday, July 24, 2008

MAMMA MIA! (the movie)

Last night Michael treated Mr. Adam & myself to a private screening of Mamma Mia! the movie. This film had me ask the proverbial question "if a movie sucks so bad in the woods, does it make a sound?" Yes! Yes, it does and that sound of sucking, sounds an awful lot like Pierce Brosnan singing.
This movie was so bad, it was good. Literally, the audience laughed at the movie in many scenes. This movie stole two hours of my life that I'll never get back. Never. You ask "ryan charisma, but Meryl Streep is in it?" Well, yes - she is, and she's good in it too, but no amount of talent can save this film.
I want you all to know, I have not seen the Broadway show. And no, I don't feel like I've missed out on anything. I was thinking maybe this movie will ignite in me a desire/remorse of seeing this production on stage. But no. It didn't. As a matter of fact it terrifies me that someone watched this and said. Let's release this as a big summer blockbuster. I want their job. No, I don't only want them fired, I WANT THEIR JOB. I deserve it. I could have said in the screening, let's keep this one to ourselves guys. There's no reason to humiliate our company like this. I won't tell you to see this, because you would hate me. What you should do is buy this complete piece of badly done camp crap on DVD. It maybe worth money someday. It's that bad. Because it's sure isn't worth the price of a movie ticket here in NYC.
But I will admit, the shots of Greece are spectacular. I want to go now.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Todd HellsKitchen said...

Yeah... this was much silly fun.

4:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've seen the stage verison twice and saw the movie. It was better than Cats, I'll see it again and again.

11:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is one of the few plays i've actually seen, which ended up being great... it's funny to think of ol' Pierce taking a stab at singing, yeeesh

4:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home