Friday, May 11, 2012

SISTER ACT

Last night my friend Michael Marie took me to see Sister Act on Broadway.  I didn't have high hopes for this show and have been keeping it on the LONG list of shows to see.  But they changed the lead to Raven-SymonĂ©.
I have to be honest, I wasn't expecting much from the show nor Ms. SymonĂ© but I was wrong.  I liked the show.  I did.  Girl can sing.  I will admit, she seemed a little forced in the very beginning of the show in terms of her acting, but she quickly won me over and as for her singing voice - she did great.  What most of the audience was saying was how much they hope she records a cast album.  I hope she does too.  The support cast in this show was great, naturally the nuns stood out, but there were superb performances by the males in the cast as well.  Such fun numbers.  What I did miss were the medleys of 60's & 70's songs from the movie.  But the show was still fun.  I really enjoyed it.  It was funny and toe tapping.  The sets were really great and the choreography was well done.  Should you see it?  By all means, "raise your voice"!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home