Wednesday, October 18, 2006

The Lovely Bones


C'mon everyone, group hug! There better now? Good. I want to tell you all about this book I just finished reading - The Lovely Bones. I really enjoyed it, although the subject matter was disturbing. I must admit that at times, good ole' heartless me was moved to misty eyes, while reading. Who knows maybe my heart is opening? Nah, I didn't think so either. Anyway, this story is about a 14 year old girl who is raped & murdered by a child predator. That's just chapter one. The rest of the story is narrated by this dead girl as she observes from her Heaven, her family, friends & community's lives going on in the wake of her brutal murder (only her elbow was ever found.) She watches her father drive himself crazy knowing who the killer is and being able to do nothing about it. Watching her sibling grow into adulthood. And watching her mother pull away from the family. All in all this is a great book, unfortunately I picked it up thinking it would be a fun thriller for this Halloween season. Well, I was wrong, but I'm glad I was.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger DJ John Michael said...

Hey there...Thanks for the comment! I hope you continue to read my blog...I enjoyed yours! And who thought I would ever think the phrase "I wanna see Evil Dead: The Musical" outloud? Hah!

Hope to chat soon!

10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home