Monday, July 02, 2007

1408

Last Saturday night I took Mr. Adam to see 1408. I'm a big fan of John Cusack and Stephen King. I'm beginning to think that Stephen King books just don't transfer to film well. I mean, I didn't hate this movie, but it wasn't outstanding either. It was just ... good. And in the spirit of summer blockbusters, this isn't one of them. This is just a simple scary movie. Scary yes, a few jumps but realistically, a room can't be haunted. There was no explanation of why the room could be haunted, none. The audience just had to suspend their disbelief for this movie to work. So I suspended. And I still feel as though, I should have read the book. So, my petite childrens, this movie will be a great rental during this upcoming winter. But DON'T spend your money on it in the theater. If you do, I'm gonna tell Momma on you!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

That was my thought too, rent it next month :)

9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home