Monday, October 05, 2009

HAIR

Hey kids! Guess what I saw? Yes, that's right... HAIR - "shoulder length or longer" bitches! I took my cousin Mary Ellen, Adam and Michael from Jersey to see the matinee last Saturday. And let me tell you, it was way better than I ever expected. Way, WAY better.
First off I want to say that the director Diane Paulus did an excellent job with this show. She blew life into this show, and that's no small feat considering how dated this show is. The show was kept in 1967, yet the energy and the context of the show spoke to today's generation. Now the voices were great, and the choreography was done by Karole Armitage, and she did a great job. The cast was hot, on their marks and full of energy. They were happy to be there. And we were happy they were too. I can't begin to explain how much I enjoyed this Tony Award winning revival.
The mens in the show were so good looking, and Momma isn't usually attracted to guys with long hair. But let me tell you that we saw the "Woof" swing for our performance... and I'm pretty sure I love him. So, if you're out there Woof understudy - I love you! Should you see this show? Abso-fucking-lutely! Run don't walk, I even want to see it again. I do. And not just for Woof's understudy. Well, yes for Woof's understudy but I liked the show too, I did.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home